Harness & Lanyard Course
This course is for those who need a good understanding of work at height safety and those using safety harnesses and lanyards.
About This Course
What is Harness & Lanyard training?
The Work at Height Regulations require that “Every employer shall ensure that no person engages in any activity, including organisation, planning and supervision, in any relation to working at height or work equipment for use in such work unless he is competent to do so or, if being trained, is being supervised by a competent person”. Delegates attending this course will gain a comprehensive knowledge of Work at Height Safety, Harness and Lanyard Pre-Use Inspection and Fitting.
- Safety Legislation, Work at Height Regulations
- Accident Statistics
- Hazards and Risks
- Fall Prevention, Fall Restraint, Fall Protection & Fall Arrest
- Harness Types and Design Standards
- Identifying correct Tie-Off and Anchor Points
- Pre-Use Inspection of Harness & Lanyard with Practical Exercise
- Correct Wearing and Fitting of Harness with Practical Exercise
- Harness/Lanyard Storage, Care and Cleaning
- Rescue Provision Requirements
- Hazard Analysis & Risk Assessment
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at personnel who wish to gain a good general understanding of work at height safety, in particular, those who are or will be responsible for using safety harnesses, lanyards and associated F.P.E (Fall Protection Equipment) in the workplace.